Shirley Chisholm State Park – Brooklyn, New York
Client: New York State Office of Parks, Recreation and Historic Preservation
Brooklyn welcomed their first state park, Shirley Chisholm State Park on July 2, 2019. This park is named in honor of the Brooklyn born resident who was the first African American Congresswoman and the first woman and African American to run for president. Under contract to the New York State Office of Parks, Recreation and Historic Preservation (OPRHP), Laland Baptiste provides Office Engineering Services for the Shirley Chisholm State Park in Brooklyn, New York. The 407-acre park offers 10 miles of biking and hiking trails, picnicking and children activities.
Laland Baptiste provides Office Engineering services, including but not limited to:
- Managing construction documents
- Preparing, reviewing and distributing submittals and RFIs
- Maintaining project logs, job files and as-builts
- Ensuring policies and procedures were fully implemented
- Maintaining organized and detailed project records
- Maintaining the project punch list
- Managing project close-out documentation
- Drafting meeting minutes and assisting the Project Manager and Superintendent with the day-to-day project functions
Laland Baptiste is proud to be part of the construction management team working to make the park’s phased openings possible.